Our Client's Speak
"Kicking off the fishing season with an early spring overnight to Canyon River Lodge is the way I like to get things started. The fishing can be amazing, or it can be cold and challenging. Either way every visit to the Yakima Canyon is an adventure to remember."
One Day/One Night - Off Peak Skwala Special
- February 1st - April 15th
The annual "Skwala Stonefly" hatch takes place in March in the Yakima River Canyon. It's also our "off peak" season, so this makes it possible to give you a great deal on an overnight trip with us. February offers less anglers, but offers great solitude and often some of our biggest fish are caught early in the season. We start catching a few fish on dry flies in mid February, but the hatch picks up momentum in mid-March.
While there is no guarantee on the quantity of the catching, we will have some days that are absolutely exceptional! Early season fishing typically offers a few less fish, but they will be larger on average often averaging 14-16" with a few stretching to 17-18".
Cost and Details
- 5+ hours of guided fly fishing (we focus on the warmest and most productive portion of the day)
- Rods/reels if necessary
- Tippet and Terminal Tackle
- Lunch on the river
Does Not Include:
- Dinner (Canyon River Grill is open Thursday - Sunday) OR you can order "Ready Made Meals" that will be found in your lodge suite. Great food prepped for you.
- Breakfast ("Ready Made Breakfast" availabe as an add on)
- Waders and Boots - Rental available on the day of the trip if required
Skwala Special Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made by the customer less than 72 hours from the start time, will forfeit 50% of the total cost. If you cancel more than 72 hours from the start time, you may reschedule or request a refund minus 5%. Cancellations within 24 hours or failure to show will forfeit 100% of the trip cost. If Red's decides to cancel the event due to adverse conditions the customer may request a full refund.