This class is FUN! We invite everyone to come learn this great sport. We'll provide the rods for casting if you don't have one which means you don't need ANY gear to participate in these courses. If you have a rod, bring it, if not we have you covered! The most important items might be sunglasses and sunscreen.
Red's Fly fishing Classes
Fly Fishing 101 Topics Include:
- Basic Overhead Casting
- Roll Casting, Bow and Arrow Cast
- Rivers vs. Lakes
- Where do trout live in the Yakima River
- What essential tackle do I need to get started
- How to tie on a fly
- Entomology and Fly Selection
Fly Fishing 201 Topics Include:
- Intermediate level casting including shooting line, single haul, steeple cast, kackhand cast
- How to hook and fight fish
- Setting up a nymph rig
- How to tie up a "dry dropper nymph setup"
- How to tie a Triple Surgeons Knot to repair leaders
- Handling trout
- Angler etiquette
- Mending line and presenting flies to trout
Cost and Details
- $69 per class ($138 for both 101 and 201)
- 101 starts at 9AM
- 201 starts at 12PM
What to Bring and What to Expect:
- Water bottle
- Rain jacket/pants
- Waders/boots - Only if you already have some. Depending on condtions we will -sometimes wade in the river during Fly Fishing 201.
- Sunglasses (essential)
- Hat with a visor
- All terrain sandals
- Quick dry pants or shorts (sometimes we'll wade during Fly Fishing 201 depending on conditions
- Fishing License - many students will go on their first fly fishing adventure after class but only if you have a Washington State Freshwater Fishing License
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Our goal is to make scheduling adventures with Red's stress free and fair for everyone involved. Cancellations made by the customer less than 24 hours from the start time, or failure to show, will forfeit 50% of the total cost.
If you cancel more than 24 hours from the start time, you may reschedule or request a refund - 5% to cover processing fees and labor. If Red's decides to cancel the event due to adverse conditions the customer may request a full refund.