In the News
Canyon River Ranch is located in the center of the busiest section of the Yakima River - the Lower Yakima Canyon. This area is known for breathtaking views, ample public access, diverse wildlife, pristine natural beauty, and many options for quality recreation including fly fishing, hiking, bird watching, rafting, and hunting. We are fortunate to be located in such an amazing setting and geographic area. Click here for a breakdown of how the weather at Canyon River Ranch compares to other destinations in the area.
Canyon River Ranch and Red's fly Shop are proud to be featured in numerous publications and media outlets, including The Seattle Times, Seattle Magazine, and Yakima Magazine. Here are a few featured articles:
- Seattle Times: Ellensburg area cabin creates a relaxed and recreational state of mind
- Yakima Magazine: So much to explore at Canyon River Ranch
- Seattle Magazine: A guide to floating on the Yakima River
- Trout TV Episode with Red's on the Yakima
- Northwest Fly Fishing: Trip of a Lifetime: Red's Fly Shop and Canyon River Ranch
- The Outdoor Line: DIY Fly Fishing at Canyon River Ranch
509 Club Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter gives a year-round library of recreation options designed to maximize your free time spent in the Yakima Canyon.